Main Content

Course Introduction

Getting to Know You: Who Am I? Bongo Introductory Video

The introductory video that you create and post to our class Bongo space is your opportunity to identify who you are, what’s important to you, and the questions that you bring to this shared exploration of curriculum, schooling and education.

Recognizing that knowledge and the curriculum (which selectively engages what knowledge is, how knowledge comes to be, for what ends knowledge is employed, and who participates) necessarily intersect with human beings—their stories individually and collectively—we will make use of these video introductions to share our own “story” (our curriculum vitae or life’s course) and to engage others journeying with us. Why? Well, with these technological tools, the hope is to co-create an inquiry community, one that provides support to and which benefits all!

For this assignment you will need to:

Record: A 2-3 minute video that includes:

• Name
  • Occupation
  • Location
  • Additional information that is important to who you are/who you know yourself to be!

Respond: Please answer these three “open” sentences

1. I understand curriculum to be about ….;
  2. My involvement with curriculum includes (or doesn’t, will or will not be)
  3. One question (or a few questions) I have about curriculum is .…

Listen: And provide a response to a minimum of 5 introductory videos of classmates. Your responses are to be comments that are:

• affirming
  • questions re. content of peers’ self-introductions
  • recognition of work or questions or experiences that are shared

NOTE: You will probably benefit from rehearsing your "lines" prior to recording your video introduction!

Evaluation: To receive complete credit for the Introductory Video and Response Postings make sure to:
1.  Provide introductory information about YOU
2.  Supply answers to the three “open” sentences
3.  Respond to a minimum of five peers’ videos 

Top of page